CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Remembering Those We Lost (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Gregg Luneack (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=87245)

Pete Lanciers 04-29-2024 03:55 PM

Gregg Luneack

It is with great sadness that I pass along the news of Gregg’s passing last night. He was a dear friend and mentor to many and I will always count myself blessed to have been among that number. Rest in Peace my dear friend and GODSPEED, your absence will darken many lives but our memories of your wry wit and tireless work ethic will always bring a smile to our tears…

Cglrcng 04-29-2024 06:49 PM

Re: Gregg Luneack

RIP to a great 1, sad news for sure, but may he rest well, and may all his family and friends weep easy, as Greg is now racing painlessly amongst the clouds.

He will be missed by many, TY Pete and you take care too buddy, be careful out there everyone!

Tom P 04-29-2024 08:01 PM

Bummer. His was the first Stock Eliminator car I ever saw pull a wheelie. That was at the Winternationals in the 80's. I recall it as a beige 64 Plymouth A/SA. I remember running around the pits until I found him to see what magic made a car with 9" tires do that.

Eric Bell 04-29-2024 09:06 PM

Gregg was for sure one of the good ones. I don't think there are many S/SS racers he hasn't helped, in some way, out here in divisions 7. I'm sure the same can be said about all the other divisions or around the world. I know he had many customers in Sweden and Finland. He was a wealth of knowledge and information. Greg had done and seen it all. I'll really miss our dinners during a race with him, Verna and my wife.

Pete Lanciers 04-29-2024 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom P (Post 696755)
Bummer. His was the first Stock Eliminator car I ever saw pull a wheelie. That was at the Winternationals in the 80's. I recall it as a beige 64 Plymouth A/SA. I remember running around the pits until I found him to see what magic made a car with 9" tires do that.

Tom it was those apple red “Luneack Launchers” still lifting many out there still!!!

Jim Cimarolli 04-29-2024 10:06 PM

Gregg did so much to help me when I got started in Stock back in the 80's. I can't count how many times he gave his time to help me, talk to me, encourage me. I know I had to have taken up his time when he was busy to come to the phone, but he always was nice. He was a great guy, he loved our sport and we have lost a real valuable member of our racing community. He will never be forgotten. RIP my friend.

John W. 1711 04-30-2024 07:57 AM

Sad to hear this. I didn't know him, but I knew his work. Smart man.

Dwight Southerland 04-30-2024 08:23 AM

Gregg, you are missed already. A racer's racer. God speed!

carlm 04-30-2024 12:24 PM

Prayers for Gregg and family, & all his loved ones
Gregg built my hemi for my B/SA Challenger back in the late 80's .. He and his 2 boys Rick & Cory helped me out so much. I bought his Doge ramp hauler :)
He will be missed..
Carl
ps .. Rick.. if you see this reach out

Dan Bennett 04-30-2024 02:04 PM

Sad news, another legend gone. Often dominating, always someone to watch. What a career!