CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Trans Cert Tags (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=80359)

Dano 09-17-2021 07:20 AM

Trans Cert Tags

No tags on the Trans in the Dragster but I do have them on the cards. They need not be attached to the trans, just available when asked by tech?

Thanks
SC 707Y

SGSST109E 09-17-2021 07:48 AM

Re: Trans Cert Tags

Must be on the part

Keith 944 09-17-2021 08:32 AM

Not sure about that one I would think it would have to be on the trans but I have seen people hanging the tags inside their cars for easy access to tech
my suggestion as I do is just take a picture of the numbers and go ahead and put it on the trans that way if anybody ask you can pull up the tags on your phone

Lenny5160 09-17-2021 11:38 AM

I haven't had them on the trans for several years now. They never stayed on well anyway.

After a recert, the stickers have been coming back in a bag or on a card.

I haven't had any tech issues. I keep the door car card in the glove box, and the dragster stickers are in the trailer toolbox.

SG3001 09-17-2021 02:04 PM

Recently had Division 3 Chassis Inspector at my shop to do chassis certs. I asked at that time about certs on a card instead of on the trans case. He said it was perfectly acceptable. The stickers looked like they would be voided if removed from the card. Mike Johnston 3001 Comp,Super Comp,Super Gas

Dano 09-19-2021 09:24 AM

Thanks for the responses......

I emailed Cvengos this morning to get his take on it. I'm probably worrying over this too much.

Dano 09-20-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano (Post 648178)
Thanks for the responses......

I emailed Cvengos this morning to get his take on it. I'm probably worrying over this too much.

Pat Cvengros
Sep 19, 2021, 9:22 AM (20 hours ago)
to me

Just have available for tech is fine.

Maverick 09-21-2021 11:44 AM

How much does it cost to have a trans case re-certified, and how long is it good good. Same question for transmission shield, how much and how long is it good for.

Dano 09-21-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick (Post 648376)
How much does it cost to have a trans case re-certified, and how long is it good good. Same question for transmission shield, how much and how long is it good for.

Recerts are good on case and shield for 5 years. An example of cost for recerts from Reed are about $100.00. Other costs are incurred tho....Costs for shipping to them and back and forth if not delivered/picked up by you. Will they need to have the trans emptied by a trans shop if not done by you? If so, that costs...etc. etc. etc.

The Hits Keep Coming

drgrcr1156 09-21-2021 12:22 PM

This may be a good tread to ask this. Does the SFI trans case have to be recertified every 5 years? I am considering a new TH400 case instead of buying another carbon fiber shield. They will only recertify once. So the money will lessen the expense of a new case and bell housing with its added benefits.