CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Max Wedge chassis update (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=45024)

Tom Goldman 12-29-2012 11:05 AM

Max Wedge chassis update

1 Attachment(s)
I have George Donhauser's '63 Dodge Max Wedge SS/EA car in the shop for a rear suspension replacement.
Trying to get the old girl down to earth in the back with some new shocks and 4-link.
Should be about 3" lower when done.
Yeah, I know we race Super Gassers,but we love our Stock / Super Stock cars !

John Dinkel 12-29-2012 12:19 PM

Re: Max Wedge chassis update

Looks good, but I'm partial to Max Wedge cars.

Prostreetbird 12-29-2012 04:39 PM

That car is a legend around here. I remember when it was white, then red and now black. Best part is the trunk (inside joke). People who know this car will know what I mean!!

Dave Clark

treessavoy 12-29-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Goldman (Post 363008)
I have George Donhauser's '63 Dodge Max Wedge SS/EA car in the shop for a rear suspension replacement.
Trying to get the old girl down to earth in the back with some new shocks and 4-link.
Should be about 3" lower when done.
Yeah, I know we race Super Gassers,but we love our Stock / Super Stock cars !

Is this an aluminum front car?

JimR

Tom Goldman 12-29-2012 07:23 PM

No Jim, it's a steel car, but it is a real Max Wedge car.
My Uncle has the red '63 I posted photos of before. ...That is an aluminum nose car, including the bumper.

Rich Biebel 01-06-2013 05:55 PM

Never saw a 2 post lift like that one Tom.

Side by side posts..?

All the places I worked at over the years had either a single center post with either drive on ramps or movable arms like in your picture or
a 2 post with front and rear posts and seperate controls....

Nice car......

Tom Goldman 01-06-2013 07:45 PM

Rich ,That's a Rotary cassett lift.
we like them because you can put the cassett tub in the ground and run the piping ,but not put in a lift untill you need it.
plus the fiberglass tub contains any oil that may leak from the lift.

Rory McNeil 01-07-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Goldman (Post 364193)
Rich ,That's a Rotary cassett lift.
we like them because you can put the cassett tub in the ground and run the piping ,but not put in a lift untill you need it.
plus the fiberglass tub contains any oil that may leak from the lift.

At the dealership I work at, my bay has that same twin post Rotary in ground hydraulic hoist. I really like it, as other than a approx 6" wide flat steel cover, that is essentially flat, there is nothing else on the floor. no bumps to have to roll a transmission jack over. Not only is the bottom wide open, also has no posts to hit the doors on. But with 2 hydraulic cylinders, and the in ground design, it is a lot pricier and more labor intensive to install than a 2 post above ground unit.

rickracer 01-07-2013 11:25 AM

That will be different with the car lower. And you're adding the swing out bar too correct?