CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mike Graham/Gary Summers (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74029)

Duane Eiskant II 08-31-2019 02:33 PM

Mike Graham/Gary Summers

Please check your pms

Mike Graham 08-31-2019 03:53 PM

Re: Mike Graham/Gary Summers

Just in case Pat ,Ben,Wesley or Travis are reading this.... To maybe save a needless tear down. Both cars have the correct casting number heads. Just sayin.

Duane Eiskant II 08-31-2019 06:13 PM

Mike, we meet at Numidia this summer and I have no doubt that both you are Gary are 100% legal. I think it’s a raw deal, and feel bad for what Gary went through.

BBF67 09-03-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Graham (Post 596184)
Just in case Pat ,Ben,Wesley or Travis are reading this.... To maybe save a needless tear down. Both cars have the correct casting number heads. Just sayin.

So you are saying he was thrown out with a casting number of D7OE-DA?

HawkBrosMav 09-03-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBF67 (Post 596511)
So you are saying he was thrown out with a casting number of D7OE-DA?

No I’m pretty sure he is saying both the DA and the DC head should be listed.. no reason the DC head was removed when the DA head was added..

Adger Smith 09-03-2019 01:31 PM

Same head, different suffix..
looks like a paper work screw up to me.

Wonder what RJ Sledge has to say about it?

Mike Graham 09-03-2019 02:12 PM

What I was saying was that both cars that I am associated with have the DA head. That is the head that is listed in the blueprint spec,so by definition , it is the correct head. The takeaway should be to check the blueprint spec before you build a new combination. That is what you will be held to in teardown.

Rich Wallin 09-03-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Graham (Post 596531)
What I was saying was that both cars that I am associated with have the DA head. That is the head that is listed in the blueprint spec,so by definition , it is the correct head. The takeaway should be to check the blueprint spec before you build a new combination. That is what you will be held to in teardown.

My take on this the part numbers supplied to nhra need to be updated .... in my experience as an engine design engineer the suffix change usually is production tool related not base design / performance driven

QuickII 09-03-2019 04:17 PM

I heard from a reliable source it was for altering the intake casting number, and booster modifications, not the head at all.

BBF67 09-03-2019 04:27 PM

That could explain why an intake and carburator was seen being carried into the tech trailer.