CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Can-Am Stock Super Stock Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Congratulations Venice (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=49514)

Dick Kirkpatrick 09-22-2013 08:09 PM

Congratulations Venice

Congratulations to Venice Perno for his win at Columbus in SS C/S

SSGN 09-22-2013 08:38 PM

Re: Congratulations Venice

Way to go Venice, the new car is working great!
Congrats
Kevin

Wattsy 09-23-2013 08:14 AM

Way to go Ven! All your hard word is paying off. Congrats!

Cdncarnut 09-23-2013 12:36 PM

Congrats.
I guess this was like a belated Birthday present.

Ven302 09-25-2013 10:23 AM

Thanks!
This has been quite an adventure, one that could not have happened without the support of so many people. Most importantly Lorraine, who has gone without so much to allow me this "quest of fire". Along the way the folks at Ford Racing, MSD, Autometer, Hutchinson Transmission, Hoosier Tire, Smith Performance, Scott Jahren Paint, Ron at Santhuff's, Lenny at Ultimate have all contributed to the success of this venture. This could not have been accomplished without the encouragement and help of good friends, Jamie, Dan, Craig, Dean, Chuck, Paul, Glen, Richard, Tom, Dick, and Harry (who?). It was pretty cool beans being down at the winners circle with so many racers that I have admired for so long and having some of them tell me that THEY were impressed with my STUFF! Finally a big thank you to Steve Hayward for riding shotgun and being my trailer toad for the weekend. Be on alert he was looking at way too many Mopars and will soon have his GT car ready to go!

Venice
SS/CS National record Holder 2012,2013

P.S. Craig
I am pretty sure your buying my dinner on Thursday!

Dick Kirkpatrick 09-25-2013 08:30 PM

Has Craig got lots of money? I mean like, you are not the only guy that likes to eat.

Ven302 09-25-2013 10:29 PM

I did not think you were coming!

ChevyII 09-28-2013 11:13 AM

Hey Ye Old Coffee Hound,

You have come a long way from the days of the Maverick, several others in between, Thunderbird and now the Mustang. Congrats on the success with the new car!

God forbid we are going to have to call you the class hitter because, well you know.... your helmet might not fit!

Enjoy the moment and the car and give Lorraine a big hug for all her support because while you are galavanting all over Division 1 and 3 who is minding the store?

Just wish I had the opportunity to see it run. Maybe Indy 2014?

Mike

Dave Turner 09-28-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyII (Post 402009)
Hey Ye Old Coffee Hound,

You have come a long way from the days of the Maverick,

Maverick?? Do tell?

Ven302 09-28-2013 01:10 PM

Mike thanks for that!
I actually just turn the key and leave now, deal with everyone on Monday, GONE Fishin' is the sign. Not that Lorraine doesn't deserve any hugs, not many get to do what I do. She is golden that way. She is the one who stopped me cold when she told me to "just build a new car, get over it". Indy was on my list this year but after my initiation in Columbus (July) I was pretty tattered. I think I am a good spot now with the car, so quite possibly, Indy might just be do-able. That whole week away might be tough.

Dave
Yes there was a Maverick, 1971 Grabber, Yellow in color. I guess I always was fond of strays. It had a 302, 2V, American 5 spokes and could only go low 16's. I had no money and had no clue in how to go fast. I do remember, Mike introducing me to drag racing, real live drag racing anyhow, he told me to quit reading and start doing. So I used to take that Maverick up to the track, and beat on it, The first time I went I got a trophy, runner up I think. Then once i put it in street got in the money and was so happy about winning a few rounds simply drove home! Never even thought someone would give you money for this!
That Maverick was just an old oil burner, just ask Mike about the oil he had to wipe of his car even driving beside me! But it did allow me to meet Jamie, that Comet was god awful fast ( so I thought) single four barrel iron heads in the low elevens, WOW!

Funny, I still don't think I have a clue, nor do I have any money.