CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Random pairing (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=79298)

GTS340 05-15-2021 01:55 PM

Random pairing

I see they ran the first round of stock at the second race in Texas as a random pairing. How many racers would like that instead of qualifying?
I'm guessing the folks that like to be last would change up some.

Paul Haszlauer
SS 7019

Sharon Bogues 05-15-2021 06:06 PM

Re: Random pairing

We don’t run stock to have random pairings.

Bill Bogues 05-15-2021 08:25 PM

I've never seen so much car counting and lane swapping going on: random pairing is a joke.

JeremyDuncan 05-15-2021 08:37 PM

Not a Fan of Random Pairing. Understand why they did it at this race.

GTS340 05-15-2021 10:43 PM

I started my days in division one many many years ago. There would be 120 cars in stock in the 1980's and it was random pairing. It was crazy trying to follow up cars as yourself was being watched. Stock also used to cool the cars down in the lanes. It was a mess for the next class for sure.
I surely was surprised to hear the announcer say "Random pairing." It had to catch a few folks off guard. Cream comes to the top though.

Paul

MikeMoller 05-16-2021 07:33 AM

it was random pairing for years=60',70's some 80's. It is used in the div 2 National opens first round but no heads up. I feel like I need to be prepared to race anybody/everybody if I want to win an event, so random doesn't bother me. I also don't play the ladder game, same reason.
I concentrate on racing the 'guy/gal' in the other lane by doing my best,

340Cuda 05-16-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyDuncan (Post 640493)
Not a Fan of Random Pairing. Understand why they did it at this race.

Exactly how I feel...

Andys dad 05-16-2021 07:14 PM

How do they ladder the 2nd round?

How far under index or reaction time

RON

devo340 05-16-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andys dad (Post 640530)
How do they ladder the 2nd round?

How far under index or reaction time

RON

By your ET on the run you made in first round.

Carl Battis 05-17-2021 12:44 AM

When I drove up to the lanes on Saturday I was directed by a track official at the back of the lanes which lane to line up in. As I drove past all the other cars already in line it dawned on me that I had been sent down a third lane, and not wasn’t going to be paired with anyone. I backed up about 100 yards and got back in line in the right lane. (As far as I know NHRA isn’t running any 3 Wide events thus far �� )

By the time I got towards the front of the lanes the same track person at the back had mixed in a bunch of Super Street cars in the left lane, and the entire process was now a giant goat rope. There were cars feeding into the line up from all directions. I got switched by a different track official at the front of the lanes into the left lane right before going under the arch despite having chosen the right lane....and now was lined up with a Division 4 top 10 driver instead of my original pairing. I guess the word of the day wasn’t so “random” after all.

Thankfully I won the round. Between the weather, disorganization, and several long cleanup delays it was a tough three days. The NHRA people put in some seriously long hours and deserve a hearty thank you for their efforts. As always it was a refreshing to see how friendly everybody is in Division 4. Thanks for hosting the out of town visitors.