View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #7
silent.echo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have i created a monster

To answer the question you asked in the title: Yes, you have. As a former Jr. Dragster Racer, I'll tell you that there is no other experience like as a kid behind the wheel of your own car, you're independent, you're floating on cloud nine everytime you strap in. I've been racing for 15 years now. I'm 23 if that gives you an idea for when I first experienced and got addicted to alcohol-fueled adrenaline rushes. I haven't raced an alcohol entry since I was 17, though.

The seasons I raced when I was 16 and 17, I raced 2 entries: one in Jr/D and the other in High School, Street, the progressively up to Sportsman. I'm taking this season (and maybe next) off concentrating on building an entry for class racing. I race a Miata, and I recently found out that Stock and Super Stock are not an option as Mazda isn't even listed as any type of valid combo. I'm still waiting to find out if it would be OK in Comp Elim. If not, I'd have to settle for S/C, S/G, or S/ST - depending what I put in it.

I'm torn between stroking out the stock 1.8L to a 2.0 and turbocharging with 15-20lbs of boost, or dropping in an LSx-engine. Of course, I wouldn't even bother with it if I could talk my Mom out of her Grand National, but that won't happen anytime soon (if ever).

Didn't mean to hi-jack, but I think you get my point of what kind of a monster my parents created on that fateful day back in 1995. You have just spawned your own. Congratulations!
silent.echo is offline   Reply With Quote