View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #19
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Dragster maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
Thanks a lot for the information I will document this for myself for the future.

Since I have a lot of great guys providing information I have also started a list of what to look for when buying a used turn key RED. If you guys could provide any helpful tips or information to ensure I don't get ripped off when the day comes when i pick up a Used TK RED.
Well I'll start:

Chassis tag it must have a current chassis tag

Chassis tag it must have a current chassis tag

Do not buy a mild steel car almost all are chrome moly but, there are a few out there that are actually mild steel (IMO they are basically junk)

Get one that fits you .

Check the SFI dates on everything (look in the back of your NHRA rule book).

Ask the guy what kind of maintenance it requires, if he says "nothing" that probably exactly what he has done.

Look for quality parts Strange , Mark Williams Aerospace Engineering ect.

Like I said earlier ask to see it make a pass.

Don't even think about a front motor car unless you want to leave it to your grandson.

Look for quality and cleanliness If the guy took good care of it and or made a low number of passes with it it's probably spotless but if he put several hundred passes on it a year and just ran the living **** out of it, it will show.

If you can take your mentor along if he has owned these type of cars before he could be you best source of information.

Be patient look at several last time I looked there are about 500 of them for sale on racing junk.com