View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #15
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Is it time to fix Super Class Racing?

My .02 for whats its worth..

Yea all the timers and TS's have made it more and more advantageous if you like to chase, and even though I dont chase at 150 in SG, I still think its a little easier with the race in front of you vs looking...and all that talk about dialing honest, not buying it...I look at everyone I race and study my opponents...lots of guys hold or dial a tick slow, dependant on who they are racing also...not alot of guys set up .90...as far as spending alot of money to race these classes, well go look at what it costs to run a good super stocker or stocker...6000 for heads, 1000 for a rochester carb, 5000 for a tranny...so super classes are still way affordable...

All that said, I'm with you, racing only for the last few feet makes it a little boring at times, however not much different when I bracket race against a fast dragster..I'm 8.70 and he's 7.50...nothing until the last part of the track...

And as long as fields are filled at Nat's and Div races (which they are pretty much here in the Northeast), no one in the NHRA camp is going to even think about changing the way we race...

How about, for a change, getting some payback from the HUGE entry fee's ? You cant even get your entry back unless you are in the semi's, and then just barely...you basically have to win or runner-up to get anything...Go to a big bracket race with a $170 entry and see what the payout is...NO I know we are not in this for the money, but lets face it, not alot of Wallys are won, per class, in the course of a year....5-7 Divisional races doesnt leave alot of room for winners...so why not make it so that at least you can get something for winning some rounds ?