View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
joe176

Liked 41 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Sportsman Council phone conference Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Yannetti View Post
Got your back on this one Tom.. a discussion a few weeks before the conference would have been great.. In my opinion, should I be asked, is that Super Street is an entry level class.. once a racer leaves Super Street to race another class, that racer can not return to Super Street.. the .90's classes indexes could be bumped up a second as most competitor's can run at least a second faster than the class they are in right now.. but a poll is in order.. there should not be any back to back races within your division.. if you choose to go out of division and it happens to fall back to back, then it's on you..

It would also be nice to have a couple of safety issues discussed.. such as racing after the dew comes in at certain tracks, if not all tracks.. and doing away with night racing.. this weekend's lighting situation at Cecil County could have been disasterous.. the return road was illuminated better than the track.. we were all pretty lucky.. I know I was..

Maybe in the future, the top 10 in each .90 class could be contacted for their opinions on issues to be discussed.. or each class pick a rep to talk to John.. just my 2 cents..
Charlie..you are 100% on the Cecil situation....It was dark...I had trouble seeing if I was in the center of the groove for round 2...even with spotlights on the tree...it was tough out there...and yes the return road was lit very well...but the track was dim.