View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #255
Dan Bennett

Liked 360 Times in 83 Posts
Default Re: A990 Super Stockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by a990hemi View Post
I searched unsuccessfully all weekend trying to find a mid to late 80s Musclecar magazine that featured Norm Brandes' white A990 Coronet when it had chrome Cragar Super Trick wheels on it. I remember that article like it's etched into my brain but I can no longer find the magazine in my library. Might you know which article I'm talking about or have it yourself? I started frequenting Union Grove around 1989 and saw Norm drag racing his immaculate Dodge regularly at Da Grove's Mopar gatherings back then. Norm would always draw a crowd while he performed super smoky burnouts in the water box!
As I said in my earlier message, I saw the car at Union Grove during a Musclecar Nationals. We were allied with Muscle Car Review and they always sent staff to shoot the event and get features. I'm pretty sure they did a piece on the car but I'm just about positive that the car had steel wheels on it when I saw it.

I still haven't totally recovered from my last move, so my collection of vintage magazines is still in various boxes. Sorry that I can't help with looking up the issue.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote