View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #354
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: A990 Super Stockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderII View Post
I was doing a search & came across our car so I thought I would post some pics from this past summer.
The car was known as Thunder II until June of 67 & originally campaigned by Jim Almeter of Attica, New York than was sold to Jerry Vaneck in Toronto, painted red & called the 1/4 Mile Hustler.
Its more famous as that car than it ever was any other name during it's racing days. Hap Gooder has owned it since 1973, he raced it a short time but ended up putting it in the garage & forgetting about it until he got the bug again! It was a 16 year restoration which included rear frame rails, 1 door skin & etc, etc, car was finished July 2008 just in time for the All Hemi Reunion in Salem Ohio. We love going to the strip & shows to tell the stories the car has accumulated thru it's history. The pics show the original Ramchargers posing with the car as well as Diane Sox & Buddy Martin who gave us their award at the All Chrysler Nationals. We also displayed the car during the Ramchargers Clinic this past summer.
I don't need to say what an honor it is to be associated with such an historical car & terrific crew, thanks to Hap Gooder, Jason Albano, & Al Murphy, Brothers Always!
Cheers & Merry Xmas
Don Miller
Crew Chief
Thunder II

Welcome to the forums Thunder II...if you have anymore old or new pics of the car please ad them to thread.
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote