View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 09:40 PM   #6
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 693 Times in 184 Posts
Default Re: 2001 z28 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbrakesbc View Post
I have a 2001 z28 Camaro that I am going to turn into a bracket car. It's all stock except pipes and a lid. Eventually, I want to make this into a stocker. My first question is what can I changed and/or remove to make this a stocker? My second question is do I have to keep the type of same transmission(4l60e)? My third question is change the efi to a carb and still be legal for stock? I will probably be bracket racing this car for about three to five years. It will be trailered and drag only. I know I can change exhaust, remove rear seats and converter. Hopefully I can make the car into a stocker by my 21st birthday. Thanks for looking.
If your going to set this up as a NHRA stocker, you can't run a carb cause it didn't come
with one.
The Trans for a Stocker you can use a Metric 200.
Sometimes it's cheaper in the long run to get the pieces ONCE rather than build a carb motor now to bracket race with than your gonna have to build a EFI motor later.
You might be able to buy used parts for now & set it up as a cheap stocker to bracket race it for experience.
IF IT'S DEFINITELY GONNA BE A STOCKER, BUY A 12 BOLT REAR NOW.
Providing you could afford one.
Buy the 30x9 Slicks, ect.....
Just skimp on the motor for now, but have all the other pieces in place.
This way your not doing up a 10 bolt rear spending money to do that than change it later.
I would SELL all the parts from the car to upgrade to: Better Trans, Better Rear.
THIS WAY YOUR ONLY GOING TO BUY THE PARTS ONE TIME.
Just my 4 cents.
Good Luck with your project.