View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #33

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The death of bracket racing........

There are far more Stock and Super Stock racers at Divisonal and National Events that have shoe polish on their windows that don't and that is a fact....even when you count the few events that have heads up class racing. I know guys that have raced for 15-20 years that have never had a heads up race...never. Yes they have their class designation on their windows and like to call themselves "class racers" but the shoe polish says different.

If you go back and read some of the threads you will see a change in attitude on Class Racing. A lot of racers don't want to race heads up anymore. They want to build a car that will be at or under their class index and then put shoe polish on the windows.

Heck I can remember the day if you had the wrong badges on the car you were out or had to replace them.

All that said....I don't believe you should be able to race at the World Finals unless you have won at a Divisonal, National, or Sports National. Just because you have grade points should not allow you to enter the World Finals. The World Finals should be an event where only the best of the best race...but that is only my opinion.

Ron

Last edited by 7820; 01-07-2008 at 08:16 PM.
7820 is offline   Reply With Quote