View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 10:27 PM   #64
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts
Default Re: Stacking at St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Cmon Lenny, what is going to happen ? Why be CUSTOMER friendly ?? Just like the INDY parking fiasco of 2019 , no need to spend an extra day on wages to help expedite the parking .....it’s a recurring theme ...and it’s getting old !!!!! Larry Hill made a statement today ......
Boy, I don't know. Personal injury? Fire that spreads due to close proximity of rigs? Accidents; they shouldn't happen, but they happen.

I understand that stacking is a service that could be provided by the track if they have the space to do so. I understand why NHRA wouldn't want racers inside the gate before they take control of the admittance process.

I've only been to the St Louis track once, but I don't recall a large field that would be conducive to stacking; only a long, narrow road outside the gate. It may not be an area of town where you would want to leave your pride and joy unattended to go eat BBQ. This is more a corporate holding than a mom and pop joint working hard to please the customer.

If other tracks are willing to make accommodations to earn the business of Larry and others, that's a good thing!
Liked