View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 135 Times in 49 Posts
Cool Re: Cool race car names!

For what it's worth, I thought "Locomotion" would be cool for my car. I always liked the song, first by Little Eva in '62, Grand Funk RR in '74 and Kylie Minogue in the '80's. One definition I found for the word was "power of movement". Rather appropriate for a race car. So my 2 bracket Challengers and now my IHRA Dart Sport have carried the name.

I didn't know Little Eva lived in Kinston, NC until she passed away just before the last time I raced there in 2003.

Also had a dad bring his little girl over in the pits to see tha car at an IHRA national event in Stanton, MI because "Locomotion" was her favorite song in dance class! I won that weekend. But I'll never know if they saw it because it poured rain shortly after the last cars went down and I never saw them again.

It wasn't until quite a while after I started using the name that I found out Bob Reed use to have the name on his cars also.

A couple of other cars that come to mind are "Time Machine" and the late ET racer Billy Crews from Gainesville had "Cruz Control" on his cars. When I fist saw that as a rookie, I wondered if he was cheating using cruise control! lol

Last edited by Myron Piatek; 03-27-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Myron Piatek is offline   Reply With Quote