View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 04:49 PM   #35
Bill Diehl

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Cylinder head flow - What is crucial in a stocker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Stewart View Post
Dear SSDiv6,
I will throw this add up to your paint preparation subject and just for discussion or the fun of it (with no disregard to your point) an even if this isn’t in direct relation with the title subject.
I was at the Napierville Nationals Open Series few years ago and I was taking a close look at the NHRA “open tech barn” at the back of the tower. A certain stocker had is engine check for the approval of new E.T. record, for the second year in a row.
While waiting and checking the Tech’s work, the car parts, suddenly a small detail pop-up… The golf ball effect…The car had a good or important orange peel surface…
Air is different than water, or is it? anybody that messed with overpowered outboard boats knows that primer is faster than smooth and shiny on the pad and the lower unit, 4,5 or 6 mph and how you go from stuck in the upper 90's to breaking triple digits......that "theory" that has been proven also applies to cylinder head ports...but what do I know? the "experts say, size matters more", not flow

Last edited by Bill Diehl; 01-23-2022 at 04:53 PM.
Bill Diehl is offline   Reply With Quote