View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 08:02 AM   #1
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,544 Times in 1,980 Posts
Default Onan 7.5 Diesel Gen Set Fault Code 24

It had a few issues last year but we worked around it, this year it won’t run longer than 10 min. It’s in a Performax trailer and after I removed the correct panels in the correct order I could see and touch the panel bolts. I only had to remove two items the were riveted in place. Ronnie’s company did a good job in planning access. Fault code 24 is a bad temperature sender.

I had planned for this day and had a new thermostat and a temp sender. Did I mention that the Gen set and fuel tank is located underneath the cabinets. This caused a few small problems. Running out of bandaids, retrieving dropped tools , I had to get a stronger magnet. The biggest problem so far is me, I can’t get small enough to get where I need to be to work. Had to modify some tools to get the job done of removing the temp sender. Use only a six point socket a 12 point will round off the flats, the hex is jam nut thick brass. Ran the engine to heat up the thermostat housing and soften the pipe thread sealer. Success it moved 1/8 of a turn and it’s NTP threads.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote