Thread: Musical Tastes
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 11:13 AM   #1523
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 864 Times in 305 Posts
Default Re: Musical Tastes

Time for a look back at how damn goofy we were back in the 70's. I liked Rushes Fly By Night song so well I had a mural of the album covers hawk on the trunk lid of my 1966 2 Door Electra 225 Buick. Good times.(1978) Brad, the artist, didn't have too much luck on his first attempt. It was getting dark and he gave up for the evening. BUT, as a joke he did a quick airbrush cover coat and then wrote "THE MUFF DIVER" on the entire truck lid of my Buick. Remember, those Buicks back then were huge. My parents lived in Gallipolis and before I could get it removed Mom showed up in town and needed to burrow the car. I had inherited it from my grandfather on dads side. That Buick was his pride and joy. I wasn't home when she showed up and Brad just threw her the keys. Lord oh Lordy. Next thing I knew Dad was there and wanted to know "Who wrote I'm a Muff Diver on the back of dads Buick" I tried unsuccessfully to explain, he then looked at Brad and said "Why didn't you just write I eat horse sheeet" on there instead and stomped off. Things were quiet between me and the folks for a while, but we got past it. LOL

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 08-20-2023 at 11:16 AM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked