View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 02:32 PM   #51
Cglrcng

Liked 135 Times in 71 Posts
Default Re: A 30 year journey, and a 2nd chance.

Double duty crewing for Scott McClay (a second time this year), on his Comp Elim. Entry (at least the first race at Famoso), will certainly keep the boredom factor away, as once Wednesday’s test day is over my slow sled is, add gas at least every 3rd to 4th pass, and make the round calls, park and hurry up and wait, and I do not do well unless kept a bit busy (the work will keep me awake).. And I will do much better this time around I think as I now at least know his processes. And, where at least some of his things are in the trailer, etc.

At this juncture, I need to really thank the Irving’s (both of them, for their very generous offer to help, and for the opportunity, and their hospitality and friendship), as My Wife is still in Phoenix as her Dad (my Father-In-Law), who lives with us in our home for the last 20-25 yrs, just had 2 days (26th/27th), of very serious operation(s) this week, is still intubated, and in ICU, and will still be hospitalized at least another week.
So, I would probably not be there if not for their offer & help. And for your prayers also John, they have worked so far my friend, and Celeste says Thank You!

He is slowly recovering, though it was quite touch and go more than once. (1 kidney is working fine, 1 is not, blood pressure is low, 2 aneurisms removed just below the heart instead of 1, (between the 2 operations totaling over 12 HRS. and emergency dialysis in the middle of the night early AM the 27th,), and he is in his mid 80’s, had a triple by-pass in Jan. 2020, and a pacemaker installed, and has been on 24 hr. O2 ever since, it was some quite serious stuff. (He is a tough older former Navy Sub Mariner and Veteran who is the most regimented person I have ever known in my lifetime as I don’t need a clock or watch at home…his waking , meal times-3 squares a day plus snacks, TV & and bed time tells me the exact time of day or night it is…30 yrs ago we were also business partners). I know this is not relatable to the build, but it is our life during it.

While Celeste will not be able to join us (this time at least), she said no way she will miss the upcoming Vegas race. And said she and he will watch it on NHRA TV from Famoso.

I cannot wait to get back at it!

And the 18 month project is showing some great results so far (though if you were at Las Vegas you certainly would not have thought so watching me run 18’s, red lights to really green, temporarily locked in park in the lanes at 1 point, but it was merely a shakedown first quarter mile passes and under power ring sealing 3 day session, and I figured if I was going to go slow (since I did not bring those other cams, then I was going to go very sloooow, and find my new spot on the tree, and see if I personally still had it in me after all these years. (I do, it’s fun, and I am again hooked like a really hungry fish!)

Last edited by Cglrcng; 09-29-2023 at 02:41 PM.
Cglrcng is offline   Reply With Quote