View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 03:38 AM   #57
Cglrcng

Liked 135 Times in 71 Posts
Default Re: A 30 year journey, and a 2nd chance.

That sets me up for someone I know all too well, we have also raced before, back during his very first year in stock in 1995 (in 1996/97) #778 AA/SA 10.70 Index Ovr/Und -614 Dial 9.97 Jimmy DeFrank of The California Car Cover Company fame/family...It was he or Don Keen, someone I also know very well from my SoCal and O.C.I.R. days.

And, as a friend told me that night before (if you have to race either one in the morning Gary, you better have your schidt together)...My answer was Ohhhh, I know...and it was...altogether too well. Either 1 is capable of tearing down the tree and hauling it to the other end! I know it, but I get to attempt it first! Then I get to watch wheelies in my rear view mirror. Lol. (I watched the livestream replay so, I knew Jimmy defeated Don before I went to sleep in the car again.

Sunday...Up at 5:00 AM

In the morning just before 9:00 Am we pair up, meet and lane choices are easy, we both get the 1 we want. Jimmy remembers my car (though it was all blue then, I remind him 1995), and he says yup, my first year in Stk Elim. and we shake hands wish each other luck, I needed it....1/2 cup of coffee, a little bit of food, more unloading Scott's dragster....just before, and my stuff is ready, I will attempt to tear it down as would he...No going safe here.