View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 11:57 AM   #17
SS/GSI

Liked 521 Times in 84 Posts
Default Re: New Grade Point System

NHRA's gross income has dropped by over 20% in the last decade. Their net income has surged and now at all time high's for profit. With the old adage that "LESS IS MORE" I believe NHRA will continue on its current business model path. It has put in place individuals that are numbers people that have never raced, not racing people who know numbers. Its somewhat comedic, since everywhere I look in the pits, PRO and especially sportsman, all I see are racers who know #'s lol. Although I do not agree with how they operate overall, I also do not foresee any divine intervention to increase payouts, increase quota's, increase manufacturer participation in the contingency program/manufacturers midway and/or create a better experience for sportsman racers. IF anyone was to question them and how they operate, they would simply point to their income statement. Wally ran it(NHRA) to zero and in some years even a negative. He believed in creating and experience for both the fan and the racer...those days are gone. IMHO

Just be happy they haven't figured out a way to stay in the black without us! LOL

NOTE: Someone here suggested to apply the next time an opening for a corporate position becomes available. To that, my opinion would be that anyone who poses a threat to the current hordes way of life, compensation or mindset would be dismissed as a viable candidate rather quickly.

Last edited by SS/GSI; 01-07-2024 at 12:05 PM.
SS/GSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked