View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 01:03 PM   #46
Dan Bennett

Liked 359 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: Counterfeit Parts

I worked at a parts store for a guy who'd been a funny car racer in the 60s and 70s.

There were a couple of times when we changed brands for some lines we carried. As I remember, it would come with monetary benefits from the manufacturer or the wholesaler.

Once, the warehouse sent in sales reps to rebox all our parts (it was ignition that time) into the new brand's packaging. We didn't sell junk, so it was something like going from Standard to AC Delco or vice versa. So right after the change, parts made by the former company were being sold in the boxes of the other.

Another time, the change was made by shipping us the boxes and paying us to change over.

Considering the company has a history of doing the scammer thing and just changing names, I would not doubt this happening. Whether Summit would go along is a question, but in 2024 with MBAs ruling the world, if money was at stake I'm much less sure they'd refuse.

Maybe not a thing that applies here, but a thought I had as this trainwreck developed.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked