View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 01:54 PM   #18
Henrys Toy

Liked 473 Times in 161 Posts
Smile Re: current cost of having good stocker head work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B/S 428 View Post
Why not just build your own stuff, that's what I do and my Comet runs pretty good. Brian Seaberg 627
Good afternoon to all,
Not to take away anything from any of the talented Racers that are active in our sport, but if you look at the investment of tools and time , and factor in the failures - Cylinder Head work is often the most mis-understood work in a race engine. Any race engine, and understanding the relationships with the cylinder head , flow paths and the rest of the reciprocating parts in general, it is a very exhausting path.
Please take a moment and re-visit Darin Morgan talking at length on " Super Stock Hemi Head Tech " , and that only scratches the surface. Depending on the level of competition you are dealing with will depend on the amount of time spent testing and performing R&D. The folks that find the right path - worked pretty damn hard to get there.
Just look at you're investment in your car, trailer and towing equipment just to race your car, the cost of proper cylinder head preparation seemly large is still a small part of it. Look at what top shelf piston rings go for these days . The tooling just to cut seats is considerable. I'm not complaining - I do this because I love this stuff and want to learn what makes things "Tick"! You don't want to get into Camshafts, Lifters and Valve Springs do you ?
We all do this for various personal reasons, and that's what keeps many of us going, So the costs are what they are, we live in a Free Country and can still have the freedoms we still enjoy, so enjoy them!
Have a Good Day.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Henrys Toy is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked