View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 09:53 PM   #956
Cglrcng

Liked 135 Times in 71 Posts
Default Re: Dumbo The Flying Elephant

Ok, long story not so short. Holley building of global files can be shortened to a simple batch file to instantly add all those switches together with 1 click (so you cannot forget anything). I can teach you in a few hours, the easiest file naming systems, folder naming systems, and to save every single change and tie those files to the track, or dyno you are tuning on at the time.

Let an older, slower guy teach you some new tricks. If you brought me a computer to fix 10 yrs ago, every single page I visited on the internet to read up on the solution to repair or debug it, buy a part, the hrs logged doing the work, all the files I downloaded for it were all in a single link folder with your name on it, everything automatically logged to the single folder, amongst the millions of link folders for everything else I did! Every computer you owned that I would have touched was right there at my fingertips and I have 3 separate copies of said links folder, since every single drive ever made, eventually fails. Make it simple, back it up twice.

Have I ever HOLLEY TUNED? Not yet, but I will, soon, too, and I will have folders pre-made and labeled for every track before I ever arrive. And will write simplified batch files first to help me learn with fewer mistakes and a bit more speed than the rather confusing video presentation on page 84 of your thread, though, that is a great starting point. They have a great product. I am too old not to use my hard learned talents and I will share. We don't have a lot of time left to waste, neither of us.

First, I need to choose my ECU, buy an un-terminated cable, strip it out, and build it myself, wire it up, replace all my existing connectors, and not see smoke on that first refire, as letting the magic smoke out is bad, and that I learned over the last decade mentoring high school robotics students in FIRST Robotics. I just learned a bunch from you and your Dumbo build thread, thanks so far for the ride along.