Thread: Speeds in S/G
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Speeds in S/G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Dillman View Post
I honestly cant see a big deal trying to judge the finishline when im running 156 to 158 and the other guys coming on me at 165 actually i cant judge the finish line that well any way so that was just my 02. To me its not worth it to spend an extra 10 or 12k to pick up MAYBE 7 to 10 mph. I think we might try to run alchohol to try to get to about 160 but im not sure if the tank in the back would work im just not sure it the belt drive pump could keep up with it. Any suggestions??????
Having went thru the alcohol change from gas this past year I have some info...

If you are going to use an electric pump/carb, you might be able to do it...there are a few guys in D1 running
pretty good with a Nickerson set up, which uses a big pump and a regulator in the front with a by-pass..If you are going injection you pretty much need a front cell...

You wont have any luck I dont believe with a belt pump and rear cell...and if someone trys to talk you into a surge tank in the front, tried it, was very not happy with the results, and returned it to Rons..PM me if you need more details on that...

My .02 on the speed diff...I can do well enough at 150 judging 160-163 ish...more than that I just set up honest and see what happens at the line...some of these 170 guys are picking up 50 plus mph on the back half, so they are not there until 10 feet before the stripe...
I too hope to be closer to 155-157 this year so that should help me...