View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 02:04 PM   #147
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts
Default Re: New website: "What class does this run?"

I realized today that these last three posts have been made and I have not responded. I apologize, so here I am catching up.

1. Rob Petrie - The revisions are copied from NHRA's engine blueprint pages. They has been in the past an unofficial documenting the source of responsibility of the revisions made on the date specified in the form of the person's initials. It does not mean that the person had any cause for the change that was made, just that that person made the editing change. WR = Wesley Roberson, PC = Pat Cvengros
2. BobbyH - You have posed a question that can open a can of worms since there has not been a fully disclosed and published method of calculating the weight breaks. Let me try to explain. Suppose your "8.58 B-car" has a replacement head factor that is 10 greater than the base, or natural, power factor. To classify the car using the replacement heads, I was instructed to use the same power-to-weight factor of the base but multiply the replacement head factor for the weight the car would be to race (still a B-car). However, there are instances I have seen where the car's shipping weight was divided by the replacement head factor to derive a new power-to-weight factor and that becomes the basis for the classification. Unknowing (or untrained) tech officials can easily be confused (or influenced by a wily racer) into doing this classification method and thus you could end up with a B-car with replacement heads being classified into the AA class. Not saying that is what you experienced, but it is a possible explanation.
3. Rag71 - Thank you for pointing out the error you encounter. I am always grateful for such information since it is a daunting job to keep the database correct and this is a labor of love with no compensation. The error has been corrected. (would you pay a subscription fee to use the site?)

Dwight Southerland