View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 09:09 PM   #60
J518

Liked 151 Times in 37 Posts
Default Re: 79 Malibu- Stocker-Stick Shift

Hey Everyone!
Had a slight hiatus from Classracer as the Divisional season kicked in. At that point the Super Street car was giving us fits since we were going from a 414sbc to a 632bbc with almost 1.5 times more in the power categories. After a season filled with a gear change, new headers, a couple converter swaps, one broken transmission(valve body issues), and the hundred adjustments to the suspension we really had us a competitive car to close out the season. Even with all that said we were able to put ourselves one round away from a divisional championship(tie-but had the head to head) in just our 3rd season chasing the D5 points. After winning the St. Louis Divisional we had to take our season into November, none other than a 2800 mile round trip out to Vegas to improve a second round loss. First pass off the trailer I hear a ticking noise and caught we found out later to be a bushed lifter that froze up a one point creating a flat spot. Fortunately the cam was serviceable to get us through the weekend but after winning first round I did everything on one end to win but was dropped on my head on the big end. Losing the round that would of gave me the 11 points I needed by .009.
We will be switch gears back to the malibu as the frost sets in!

J518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked