View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 10:00 PM   #60
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts
Default Re: The mines are now closed (AHFS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1347 View Post
Not sure which races you were looking at, but if the indexes were lowered .5, there would be 5 or 6 cars in Div1 that would be non qualifiers, maybe even more depending on the DA.

If you think Billys car can run .5 under anywhere, you should come rent it from him and run it at Numidia next year, or Atco when its 95 degrees.
lowering the index .5 would just help the fast cars, it would do nothing for the entry level racer that can't spend 5k on heads. If we turn that person away, are we really helping to bring new racers in?
Duane ,
The discussion was about 2 tenths under.I was told lowering 2 tenths was stupid.
I disagreed and said why. The 5 tenths was an opinion , as an aside.

I don't know how long you've known Billy, but for me, it's been about 45 years.
You and I know that if Billy wanted to go 5/10's ,year 'round he could.
My point was that it's not real hard anymore to go 5/10's under. I stand by that comment.
If a guy with a 327 stick Chevy II can only run on the current index, who's fault is that?

Back to Billy. If I wanted to fool around with that Cavalier, I doubt that I'd have to rent from him. In fact, he'd probably bring it to the track for me.
Don't anybody get any ideas. It's too fast for me and doesn't have enough pedals.
Anyway , if the indexes were lowered 5/10's, Billy would deal with it.He'd probably just put that Pontiac back together. ;-)