View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 01:52 PM   #19
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 673 Times in 221 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Crew Chief Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Crew Chief Spotlight

Ms. Janine Mathis from Snow Hill, NC is our Crew Chief to focus on this week. She is 63 years young & is crew chief for our very own, Mr. Dennis Pope. She has fulfilled this position for approximately 2 years now. Dennis is also the one to blame for getting Ms. Janine involved in the racing scene. She says that GALOT Motorsports Park is her favorite track. Although Dennis has had multiple wins over the last 2 years, especially at Rockingham Dragway, Janine has had other obligations & was unable to be present to share one of his wins with him. (Yes I've talked total junk to her about this on multiple occasions &#129315 She says that her duties as crew chief is making sure Dennis has everything he needs. She has also been a help with several events that we've held at the tracks & also like the pic posted, she's one heck of a babysitter!!! Washing & cleaning the racecar is the least favorite part of her crew chief duties. Janine states that Dennis' biggest complaint is that awful 🔴bulb that none of us like to see. Although Janine didn't list any funny racing stories for me to share, I'd probably say that having her sister with her at one of our races at Farmington Dragway a couple of years is one of her highlights. These two ladies definitely had a fun couple of days at the track.

Dennis typically races all CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association as well as some local NHRA Southeast Division 2 races. As stated above, I think Rockingham Dragway has became his favorite track over the last few years as he has a winning record there so I know he is looking forward to our upcoming CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association event there in August. Our next race has been rescheduled twice already so we're hoping that the 3rd time is the charm & we can complete our race at Coastal Plains Raceway Park Dragway. Looks like I'll need to talk quite a bit of junk to Janine between now & them so she'll be in attendance at our remaining races for the 2023 season.

We look forward to seeing everything in a few short weeks. Mother Nature, please be nice to us! 🤞🤞🤞
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jm.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	67808  
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked