View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 07:05 AM   #12
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,707 Times in 853 Posts
Default Re: To RV, or not to RV........

For what it's worth, I've looked at RVshare.com before and found some of the rates pretty high given they add on insurance, cleaning fees, etc. and then tack on for "excess miles" or "excess generator usage". Ergo, unless my wife or another driver brings along my Ford Transit based Class C I'm pretty much resorting to sleeping in the trailer and using truck stops or fitness centers for showers. I have a spotless driving record (in the last 50 years anyway LOL) and have insured small Class B's all the way up to 45 foot Class A's between $1300-2300 @ year which is not too extreme based on crazy insurance rates on vehicles. RV Storage can be expensive and scarce in many areas and of course maintenance is very expensive. All just things to consider and as we all know fuel costs are ridiculous, with diesel usually tacking on another dollar per gallon. GasBuddy (highly recommended app) is predicting 2023 prices to hover near the 2022 range with the west coast being the extreme again. Have a nephew going to RV from WA to Alaska in June and I told him to double his fuel estimate based on what I saw on my latest motorcycle adventure. Alaska should be on everybody's bucket list, just take advantage of cheap cruises to do it.

Forgive the rambling...
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked