Thread: Next Year
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 12:23 PM   #2

Liked 926 Times in 240 Posts
Default Re: Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Kind of funny I'm already looking at next year when my wife says I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow.
I went testing at Epping NH on this past Friday. Drove up on Thursday night and passed the gas station in NH that has the lowest Diesel prices (6.29). Running late I figured to fuel up on the way home Friday. Stopped in and gave the attendant $200. The price was now $6.49 and was told it went up .20 this morning. Looked at the gallon amount. 30 GALLONS, that's all. Anyone that knows me will tell you I look at money as paper with green ink and realize I can't spend it once gone. But this has Me saying No Mas!!!
On another thread Ken asked us what we would like to see Lonnie Grim do to help out us Sportsman Racers. For me the biggest threat to us right now are fuel prices.
I hope NHRA goes back to as many double up races per weekend as possible next year. Both at the Divisional level and at National's
Go back to the Thursday and Friday one race and another one Saturday and Sunday. Have a National the weekend before or after a Divisional Event. We get that sometime things can't work out that way but do as many as you can. It's not only the money it's also the time. BP

If you would support this like it so they know it's not just my thought !!
Barry, the only problem with the double divisionals is weather. Dave Mohn told me at VA last year that with most of his crew with full time jobs, a double that becomes a Monday race is hard to staff because his crew doesn't have unlimited time off from their full time jobs. Last year was tough on us with weather and it took a toll on his crew too with their time off.

If only everyone was retired.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked