Thread: Next Year
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 07:58 AM   #6

Liked 529 Times in 116 Posts
Default Re: Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Kind of funny I'm already looking at next year when my wife says I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow.
I went testing at Epping NH on this past Friday. Drove up on Thursday night and passed the gas station in NH that has the lowest Diesel prices (6.29). Running late I figured to fuel up on the way home Friday. Stopped in and gave the attendant $200. The price was now $6.49 and was told it went up .20 this morning. Looked at the gallon amount. 30 GALLONS, that's all. Anyone that knows me will tell you I look at money as paper with green ink and realize I can't spend it once gone. But this has Me saying No Mas!!!
On another thread Ken asked us what we would like to see Lonnie Grim do to help out us Sportsman Racers. For me the biggest threat to us right now are fuel prices.
I hope NHRA goes back to as many double up races per weekend as possible next year. Both at the Divisional level and at National's
Go back to the Thursday and Friday one race and another one Saturday and Sunday. Have a National the weekend before or after a Divisional Event. We get that sometime things can't work out that way but do as many as you can. It's not only the money it's also the time. BP

If you would support this like it so they know it's not just my thought !!

Barry, This is a really good suggestion. It’s pretty hard to justify spending $500-$1000 a weekend on fuel to race when the purse won’t cover your expenses. Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA
4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked