View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 07:38 PM   #56
Kirk Morgan

Liked 52 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: First Divisional or National event stories

I got hooked on drag racing in the early seventies when they built a drag strip near
my home town.I had street strip cars until the late 2000,s.Around 2005 i met RJ Sledge and talked him into letting me help him with his stocker. Needless to say i was very impressed with the performance and challenges to achieve that. So in 2008 i sold my street strip car and purchased a stocker that was a older build but had never been down the track. In April of 09 i went to my first divisional. I went to tech and got to meet Wesley for the first time. He looked over my car then told RJ to leave because he wanted to talk to me. He asked me about some casting numbers which i knew some but not all of them. We had a good conversation and he signed off on my tech card. Made my first time trial and things went well until fuel check. It would not check.The division director and Wesley said don't worry we will get this figured out. The foam in the fuel cell was contaminated so i took it out and eveything was good. We helped fix one of the new Cobra Jets and that was who i wound up with first round.Well i cut a decent light but broke out. I had a blast. I can't stand prosperity so i am building my first super stocker. .
Kirk Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked