View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 01:26 PM   #6
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts
Default Re: Project " Preparation H "...preparing a 2005 Mustang GT

This was my very first time installing a roll bar, and I have to admit it was very intimidating to me at first until I tackled the job.

It gets tedious. Lots of fitting, remove, grind, re-fit, grind some more....and so on, and so on.

Now I know why chassis and fab shops charge what they do for a roll bar installation. A lot of time is involved to get it to fit within the tight confines of these late model cars.

I could have just hacked up the back seat and drove the rear bar thru the cushion, or replace that lightweight seat with carpeting, but I love the look of the car's factory interior. Besides, the rear seats all combined can't be more than 20 lbs.

What I liked about the S&W kit was how the rear bars worked in the car...thru the package tray.

As a racer that works by myself quite a bit, I have to get inventive on how to hold items without a second set of hands.
I fabbed up 2 brackets that bolted to the factory seat belt anchors and was fully adjustable.
I could now move the main hoop forward or backwards or left to right to obtain a perfect and consistent position:

Now I had the ability to hold the hoop in the same position all the time. I had to revise it a couple of times, but this would turn out to be one of the best tools I built for this build.

Last edited by ALMACK; 05-03-2016 at 01:32 PM.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked