View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
B Parker

Liked 2,315 Times in 455 Posts
Default Re: Dan Fletcher.... The Norwalk Cancellation

Ken I tried to leave a commit twice on the other site. So here is the short version. Mother Nature and NHRA may have ruined your plans for Norwalk. Not many of us know what it really takes to do what you do for a living. A lot of us are in the same boat just a different ocean. I'm just trying to get my car put together. Not enough hours in the day. An old wise man once told me if you ever get so big in business that you forget the customers that helped you build it. It's one of the first signs you have changed your business plan that brought you to that success and sooner or later you will fail. Not many of us understand how you can turn away paying customers. At the National level we all know sportsman racers are not on their top ten list. Dan I'm sure you have seen the Dave LeBrun Alan Peters Memorial Race that several of us racers are putting on. I get it's not a National Event and it's at Lebanon Valley but the pay out's are better than you see at most NHRA Events. And we want you there! So any of you if Norwalk ruined your plans take a look at this race. There are two days of racing with a racers picnic on Saturday. And plenty of Bonus money. The main reason I did get involved and started the ball rolling on this Event is time. We never realize how fast time is going by. I never thought about the day that I wouldn't see Dave LeBrun and Alan Peters at the races. Alan hadn't raced much in the last twenty years or so. But Dave was always there. Even when his health was failing him. Just really never gave it that thought that one day he wouldn't be there. Both were icons to our sport and the staging lanes in Division One will never be exactly the same without them. So if it's a race for money it's there but for me it's a way of saying one last good bye to two great racers and guys. Hope to see you all there. Barry

Last edited by B Parker; 06-17-2019 at 01:37 PM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked