View Single Post
Old 09-16-2023, 11:43 PM   #77
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,469 Times in 1,699 Posts
Default Re: It's About Time (Not MPH)

I think I better get back on this deal..Everywhere I look , I see EF/S cars lately

Okay, so thanks to another Racer and CR classifieds, I got my hands on an MSD that's compatible with the multi - port coil, wasted spark deal, such as mine and the Grand National Buicks. So , for the first time in two years, I'll know what RPM I'm leaving the line at.

I re-worked the brake system by eliminating the power brake booster, the diagonal brake system, and all proportioning valves. The original P/B system worked too good, with the stock camshaft, making it very hard to stage with just a bit of line lock pressure.
I had to drill the brake pedal and move the pivot up a bit, to get the leverage I needed.
It's all good to go now.

Now that Wild Horse is open again, occasionally, my first plan was to go down there and test last Saturday night. But, seeing it was 94 here , that makes it about 110 in the Valley, so I decided to pass on that. Next chance will be Oct. 6th. with a bracket race the next day. That's the Bakersfield weekend, but I would'nt make that run with out testing first.
I haven't totally ruled out the Vegas Divisional , but I'm optimistic that we'll get some of our S/SS Combos next year. Not going to bump up my for sale ad until I hear what's going on, on that front.

Later...

Last edited by Mark Yacavone; 09-17-2023 at 12:35 PM.
Mark Yacavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked