View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 12:25 PM   #23
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 674 Times in 221 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Racer Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Racer Spotlight

Let's take a little ride up Interstate 95 to Pembroke, NC, home of Dell Britt. Dell just recently had a birthday so he is now 58 years young & has been racing for 38 of those years. He is very dedicated to drag racing as well as tractor pulling (pic included). Dell is one of those that is always working on his car to improve the performance of it. His race car is a 1970 Chevrolet Nova powered by a SBC 355 CI built by Dell himself. He competes in NHRA Stock Eliminator & CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association events. On his off weekend, he is either at a tractor pull or in his shop tinkering on something &/or cleaning, & then he'll be on the grill as it approaches suppertime. If you've never had the pleasure to eat any of his cooking, do yourself a favor & find him on his grill at the next race you see him at. You can thank me later!!!! Dell would like to give "Special Thanks" to Missy & Cody Phillips for the loaner car that he won his first IHRA Ironman with. He says his most memorable win would be the 2016 IHRA Division 9 Summit Racing Equipment Pro-Am Stock Eliminator win. Some of his accomplishments include: Rockingham Dragway Footbrake Track Champion in 2002, 2011 Carolina Thunder & Lightning Series Champ in Modified, & 2011 7th Annual Sonny Greer Memorial Race Modified winner at Darlington Dragway. Dell laughs & says his most epic fail is losing to that red bulb on the tree! As far as a funny race track story, Dell says it was meeting Jim Marshall for the first time. They were at Piedmont Dragway for an IHRA race & Dell parked very close to Jim. Apparently it was a little too close for comfort for Jim & he came out & asked Dell did he plan to stay there. I didn't hear the "end result" but I think it is safe to say Dell probably moved since him & Jim are still friends today! Dell is still waiting for his first NHRA Stock Eliminator win & I can promise everyone, when it does happen, it's going to be EPIC. He got a late start for the CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association 2022 season as his "better half" Linda had some medical issues that needed to be addressed first. We are glad Ms. Linda is on the mend & back at the track attempting to keep Dell straight.

Dell is a very well liked guy at the track & always joking & carrying on with all his racing buddies. His nickname from Mr. Phil Hilling is Spanky & you will have to ask Mr. Phil about that one. I wish I had the video to upload from his birthday gift at Farmington Dragway from the hotel staff in Mooresville, NC. Dell loves to cook while at the track & then an audience always gathers & the stories start to flow. Your belly will be hurting from laughing so much. Be sure to catch up with Dell this weekend as the CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association is back in action.

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association will taking on KDS Motorsports this weekend for the 2nd stop of the 2022 season. This is our 2nd triple header of the year & we look forward to seeing everyone start rolling in on Friday evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	db1.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	64115   Click image for larger version

Name:	db2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	64116   Click image for larger version

Name:	db3.jpg
Views:	197