View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 12:34 PM   #14
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 822 Times in 264 Posts
Default Re: So.. Why aren't RACERS trying to set National records!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
On the racer side lots of us stock and super stock racers are getting older. I will be 64 this year. Early on in my career I was able to set the record in my car a couple of times. Right now I dont even know if there is a record in my class or if it is at the minimum. Personally I dont want to run qualifying all day then tear my engine down to do tech then put the thing back together to race the next day. I do build my own engines and am perfectly capable of doing that. Just dont care to. I am sure there are some that buy their engines and have never taken one apart and reassembled it to race the next morning.
Now at the D2 races we have been running one or two rounds on Saturday afternoon/evening so that eliminates the record setting and tear down. I cant remember the last time I saw someone tearing down to set a record. Especially an old guy like me.
In division 1 we have open races to be able to set a record. I did set a record and went thru the full teardown procedure. I was by myself and it took me a full 12 hours to teardown and put back together. I'm right there in age and it took all I had to do it. I set my mind to do it and glad I did. Now I won't be doing it again this year but glad to have great tech people to get it done. I did have help moving my car back to my trailer from a great Hoven family!

Last edited by Glenn Briglio; 06-27-2022 at 01:51 PM.
Glenn Briglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked