View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 03:46 PM   #18
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts
Default Re: So.. Why aren't RACERS trying to set National records!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
In division 1 we have open races to be able to set a record. I did set a record and went thru the full teardown procedure. I was by myself and it took me a full 12 hours to teardown and put back together. I'm right there in age and it took all I had to do it. I set my mind to do it and glad I did. Now I won't be doing it again this year but glad to have great tech people to get it done. I did have help moving my car back to my trailer from a great Hoven family!
What Glen and Mike have said has a lot to do with it. The only place because of the AHFS is at an open if you want to set it at more than 1 under. I'm 66 and until this year was working about 60 hours a week. It's a lot of work to go threw the process and most of us getting older don't have the gas in the tank we did in our younger years. I've been threw Indy tear down's several times with different cars. Have made it threw every time but it's a long normally hot day. I laugh at the racers who haven't done it and would come on hear and say I don't have a problem tearing my car down. I look at it as getting a colonoscopy. No one really wants to do it but when your done and you get the thumbs up it's a good feeling. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked