View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 04:35 PM   #19
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,638 Times in 503 Posts
Default Re: So.. Why aren't RACERS trying to set National records!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
What Glen and Mike have said has a lot to do with it. The only place because of the AHFS is at an open if you want to set it at more than 1 under. I'm 66 and until this year was working about 60 hours a week. It's a lot of work to go threw the process and most of us getting older don't have the gas in the tank we did in our younger years. I've been threw Indy tear down's several times with different cars. Have made it threw every time but it's a long normally hot day. I laugh at the racers who haven't done it and would come on hear and say I don't have a problem tearing my car down. I look at it as getting a colonoscopy. No one really wants to do it but when your done and you get the thumbs up it's a good feeling. BP
Here in D2 we have a good national open series. Not good for setting records though. Ours is 1/8th mile and they all happen on Sunday after each one of our divisional races. All except SGMP and the Baby Gators.
I am a commercial construction superintendent and work about 60 hours a week and most of the time I am out of town working all week. No retirement in sight for me yet. Everything is just too expensive and I am not ready to give up on racing and traveling. i plan to battle this old age thing for as long as I can.