View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 08:24 PM   #20
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 503 Times in 126 Posts
Default Re: So.. Why aren't RACERS trying to set National records!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
Lack of appreciation by NHRA and zero incentives. In short, the bean counters at NHRA got what they wanted. It cost money for them to support record setting. The decision makers are not racers they are accountants. They want to collect money from membership for services that they don’t provide. They don’t want to spend money.

As far as the ability to tear down. I am sure that most racers would find a way to learn or get support if setting a record was of benefit to them.

We have set a lot of records, but not so much lately. We used to scout through the records list. It was really an inexpensive source of recognition that drove a lot of people to proactively work on their cars, chase the best races to set records, etc. if the execs at NHRA wanted this they could easily fix it.
Several years ago, I put together a proposal to NHRA to incentivize records and put the performance aspect back into S/SS. They weren’t interested. The other reason was they told me 80% of the s/SS reps DIDNT want it either. I think I still have the emails. So there you go your competition doesn’t want it.

-Ed
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked