View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
SST159

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Motor Home RV House batteries

Jim thanks for the reply.
when I tested the converter/charger, it was putting out 14.3 volts to the batteries which is good.
I dont think this converter has any type of settings.
two weeks ago I ran the inverter over night and it drew both batteries down to 50%.
that dropped the house voltage to 10.5 volts which when that low shuts the refridge down even set on propane.
only had the TV, phone charger and the battery charger in the trailer on.
I let the coach generator 7500 watt onan run all day and it still did not charge the yellow tops much. when I got home I put the optima charger on for a day for each battery and that brought them back to 100%.
spent the night in it this past Friday which I ran the coach gen most of the day. over night I ran my honda 2000 watt gen all night and the panel showed it only drawing 1amp. In the morning the batteries down to 11.5 volts. I did not have the inverter turn the inverter on that night. the next day I put the agm charger on the both and it took most of the day to bring them back to 100%.
Brought it home and plugged in shore power and this morning they were at 13.5 Volts at the panel. BTW I changed out both TV's long ago to newer flat panel. This has me puzzled.