Thread: Factory X
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 10:03 PM   #42

Liked 927 Times in 240 Posts
Default Re: Factory X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
The creation of Factory A/X may have been a good idea to entice the "street outlaw", "all out" 10.5" crowd and racers; however given the lack of rules and precise limitations by NHRA for these cars, it will surely spiral out of control before it gains any sort of stability. First off, a 2650# A/X car would need to be mainly built out of Tube Chassis, CF and/or some sort of light weight composite materials. The factory CJ, Camaro and Challenger weigh 4000#'s +/-(no driver) from the factory; therefore over 1500#'s will have to be taken out of the car...bye bye any and all sheet metal not "prohibited" to remove in the rulebook. Must retain front headlight and rear taillight "factory" locations...WOW cant wait to see those stencils/templates to measure for location accuracy...especially with "no tech". The cherry on top...parity rules and NHRA analyzing the incrementals...well we all have been witness to how that worked out for FS!!! How many FS CJ's are parked and collecting dust due to the have not's complaining their way into being competitive vs them! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result!!! My hats off to Mr. Holbrook, Mr. Turk and all others taking on this racing venture...I really hope I am wrong here and you guys receive the platform you work hard for and deserve.

I imagine that all of us would have hoped for a class that did not allow for outside influence from trailing manufacturers/teams and/or within a realistic budget for an experimental class.

These cars will easily exceed $400-$500k budget wise to be competitive.

I believe a NA class with the 426, 427 & 428ci combos @ 3000#'s, spec oversized TB with the full steel body, back halved with some updates in chassis, while retaining the factory car(like SS) would have been more in tuned with fans and racers...kinda like Lambs Copo, Richards and Skillmans SS CJ's, Jones DP, etc...IMHO
A Factory Stock Shootout car is close to 3500 with driver. I believe they also have to retain the factory taillights and taillight panel, headlights grill and bumper cover. The car will have to meet some kind if a factory template. How close does rhe current Pro Stock meet a factory template.

If you can bring half the 10.5 outlaw fans and street outlaw fans to watch an NHRA race I think it will be a success if you think thats their goal.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked