View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 12:15 AM   #44
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: Factory X

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1347 View Post
Could this new class replace Pro Stock? Pro stock fans have been bitching that the Pro Stock class has become not very relevant, especially when they went to the rule you can run a Chevrolet engine in any manufacturer body. Many people I know who are Ford fans wrote the class off after that. Many were hoping that Factory stock shootout cars would replace Pro Stock. Maybe after a year of exhibition, they will put the remaining Pro Stock cars into Pro Mod and we will go back to a time when Pro Stock had all 3 brands with recognizable bodies and engines that are more aligned with something available from the manufacturer. Even with the price of these cars, I think they will still be cheaper than a current Pro Stock car.
I am hoping thats where this is going. I wasnt old enough to remember home built pro stocks, but by the time I became a fan in the late 70s, it was sort of where Factory X will be.

Current PS is limited to 500 cid efi motors, while PM racers can run injection, turbos or blowers with different cid and weight limits for each combo. And some pretty wild transmissions like automatics with clutches. Put those power and drive train options in a PS car running 212 and it could easily pick up the pace to run with Ricky Smith and Stevie Fast.