Thread: Factory X
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 10:51 AM   #48
Ben Holt

Liked 95 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: Factory X

The spec tire will be 33 x 10.5w x 16 and on a 16 x 16 beadlock style wheel. Currently MT and Hoosier make the tire, with the MT being a little more common. Now that Goodyear owns MT we may see a third offering as well. The w tire is pretty big. Nothing like the "true" 10.5 stuff some of the outlaw stuff runs. And as far as the radials going 3's. Sure, anybody can go as quick as they want on just about any tire when you talk about unlimited HP and running on tracks that are practically disneyland. Plus, on tracks like those the slick tired machines can't go but about 2 feet because they are just too sticky. So there's no way NHRA would prep a track like that for one class and make it impossible for TF and FC to go down.
And as far as spectators. Everyone wants to say NHRA is dead. I went to 2 national events this year. Gators, Indy. And several customers of mine went to many more. It was unbelievable how many people were in the stands. Looking on TV can be deceiving. And I have been to several NPK races. SUre, the crowd is decent, but it's one day. NHRA maintains their spectator count across 3 sometimes 4 days.
I think this class is great idea. Getting the cars to weight will be no problem, and the teams that are coming out with cars will come out swinging abd be fast.
Ben Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked