View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 12:25 PM   #17
Doug Hoven

Liked 752 Times in 146 Posts
Default Re: '70 Nova V/SA to F/SA Makeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover44 View Post
What made you wanna change from V/SA to F/SA ?
I sort of got bored of it after a while. After driving a few 10 second cars I got the "bug" to go fast. I sort of ran out of patience for the 6 cylinder. I threw everything that I could, almost the kitchen sink, well in this case, the toolbox, and nothing I did really made the car any faster than it was when it was last ran 10+ years prior. Solid lifters, more modern camshaft grind, roller rockers, radial tires, 7in. converter(yea that definitely didn't work). The only thing I achieved that made the car faster was getting some "welfare" from the good people at NHRA. With my "improvements" I managed to run the best mph the car owner had ever seen by a decent margin, but my cam killed the 60ft, so it ended up being no better for ET. One thing I would've liked to try was a 3 speed over the power glide that was in the car. The 2.74 low may have helped gain back the 60ft I lost with my "big" cam. It may find it's way back into the car some day for laughs, but not right now. Would only take a rear tire change and changing around a few wires.
Liked