View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #66
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: I know.. I know.. Im nuts!

update- well lets see where to begin....the stocker had two (2) engine failures and a trans issue at two separate races. so not much racing has happened. I did manage to get some very respectable times out of the chevelle, I was really wanting to run at sea level and let it all hang out and maybe get a HP hit .

-The Acadian has been collecting dust only in that I have been doing some finishing up of the house renos in preparation of a sale...go figure my family has outgrown a 5 bedroom home.. There has been parts showing up and contacts being made so when I do start twisting wrenches again I will be prepared. Basically it is time to square away the suspension and brakes, and finish weld the rollbar, do the interior and body and paint.

I have been toying with the idea of a super stock combo with this car, and some possibilities have popped up. Before I do anything of a class nature I want to see what this car will do with modern underpinnings with the "ole reliable" bracket engine. This car ran mid 11's and truthfully I don't know how. My dad built this car in the late 70's by copying the alston catalog components and although it did well, it wasn't efficient.