View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 03:33 PM   #35
nomad

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Head And Neck Restraints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith 944 View Post
I definitely understand your reasoning, and I think it’s great that you want to wear one more power to you. This, however, seems like more of a money grab ,kind of like the muffler deal
can’t they word the rule that it is recommended instead of mandatory? reminds me of the government when they passed a law that we had to wear seatbelts And helmets had to be worn on all motorcycles. Yes I know these are safety issues but when they take away your choice, it’s just another bad taste left in my mouth.
It seems like a money grab to me disguised as a safety issue.

The breaking point for me came when I gutted a perfect good transmission last summer to spend $172 in shipping to get a new $75 tag on the case. It's why I haven't raced SS/T this year.

I'm off topic. Even though in the scheme of things this restraint isn't all that expensive it should be good forever. By the looks of them only the head tether may be subject to wear. Well, sell those new separately, no re-recerts allowed. But, that's not as revenue producing as a new SFI tag.

It's not about the money. I mean, this is an expensive hobby. Having to spend copious amounts of money shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us. It's the constant nickle and diming us in the form of SFI stickers.
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked