View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
Cdncarnut

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Smile Re: Congratulations Venice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven302 View Post
Dave
Yes there was a Maverick, 1971 Grabber, Yellow in color. I guess I always was fond of strays. It had a 302, 2V, American 5 spokes and could only go low 16's. I had no money and had no clue in how to go fast. I do remember, Mike introducing me to drag racing, real live drag racing anyhow, he told me to quit reading and start doing. So I used to take that Maverick up to the track, and beat on it, The first time I went I got a trophy, runner up I think. Then once i put it in street got in the money and was so happy about winning a few rounds simply drove home! Never even thought someone would give you money for this!
That Maverick was just an old oil burner, just ask Mike about the oil he had to wipe of his car even driving beside me! But it did allow me to meet Jamie, that Comet was god awful fast ( so I thought) single four barrel iron heads in the low elevens, WOW!
I will have to remind you of the Maverick story the next time I am in your store and you bust my balls about me racing my 2000 SS while I am shopping for an affordable class racer.

Last edited by Cdncarnut; 09-29-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Cdncarnut is offline   Reply With Quote